Sunday, February 10, 2013

What's This All About?

My experience as a West Point cadet is far from over. I am currently a Cow (junior) here at the Academy and that means that I've got a little bit more time left. But I've got some stories. These are tales of shenanigans, tomfoolery, and general absurdity. In my two and a half years here I've experienced greater triumph and defeat than ever before in my life, and I think that I can provide a good picture of what the life of a cadet looks like.

I don't plan on skewing facts or smudging details. If something that happened to me or one of my friends provides either good laughs or a lesson, I'd like to share it. Obviously, there is potential to incriminate myself and others here, so I will do my best to eliminate those lines of storytelling. For context, I am a middle class, protestant, 21 year-old white male from a small town in the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia.

The opinions I provide here are not indicative of what the U.S. Army or its affiliates think or feel. They are simply my reflections on events that occurred in my life. I enjoy the army, and proud to represent it, and have never regretted joining.

1 comment: